Sunday 2 November 2008

Forgotten Kits - The Resurrection

It recently occurred to me that the heretic 1/32 scale has remained unexplored by me for, well, months, actually. I decided to check my usual sources for a modestly priced kit to lead me back into temptation, only to discover the currently soaring costs of even a tatty old seventies Revell kit. I was prepared to settle for a much travelled P-51 I saw in a neglected corner of eBay when I remember that I had the very self-same thing stashed on a bookcase in a difficult corner of my workroom.

Last year I purchased the new Dragon P-51D in a moment of foolish enthusiasm. I worked on it for a few days, and then the dreaded disenchantment set in. It went back on the shelf. And there it stayed until my moment of epiphany. From reviled error to family heirloom in a moment!

So work is back on with it. Here is its progress in a couple of pictures. Most of the interior was completed during my first burst of activity, the restduring my second. Let's hope there's a third.


No comments: