Friday 24 October 2008

Boomer Build

I finished this model a week or so ago and it's gone to its new home, so I've finally got round to showing part of the build on here.

Although the instructions were a little vague and confusing in places, and the wings were a challenge to attach, it was an enjoyable build.

The resin Pratt and Whitney engine was well cast and detailed, as was the cockpit. There is a lot to shoehorn in because there is so much detail and the cockpit is a tight fit. It helps to assemble the fuselage before anything goes in, even the engine, then you can jockey everything into place.


Attaching the wings needed a little patience and a bit more filler. Time spent carefully rubbing down was rewarded. Some other minor blips but this is a limited run kit and they come with the territory.


The painting is always my favourite part of the build. Isn't she lovely? I got quite attached, but it doesn't look like this boomerang is coming back...

4 comments:

Goose said...

WOW, that looks great. Do you build kits on commission ?

Philip Goodier said...

Hi Goose, thanks. Yes I do, a lot of the work featured on this blog is commissioned. I also build purely for my own pleasure.

Goose said...

Phil,

How would i place an order with you ?

Cheers
Goose

Philip Goodier said...

Hi Goose,
email me on kim@kimhg.plus.com and let me know what you've got in mind.