Wednesday 12 November 2008

Research - No Problem

The internet is my wife's champion - she can find whatever she is looking for and print it out in a moment, but if you are like me, then a computer can be just a pain. When you need to know something it has to come from a tangible source. For me there's no substitute for a good reference book, or even a magazine.

I buy around three mags a month. Every month offers something useful - a conversion, the latest news on decals or resin parts. There is always a monograph on a selected aircraft or a build on a new kit. Here's a shot of my choice of mag - and I have a large selection which I guard jealously.


That's every one for the last five years; for around £4 a copy it's a comparatively cheap source of information. Not bad. And sometimes, I just like a good read. Do magazines do it for you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also buy 3 magazines a month and normally find something to inspire me.I do tend to use the internet for my research