Saturday 27 August 2011

Almost a cliché..


Do you know how many P-51Bs I've built since Tamiya released the kit? It's just so good and I love the 'B'. The 'D' is good too, but like Garfield and Nermal, one is older but more interesting, whilst the other is just so beautiful! Anyway, I had a 'B' burning a hole on my shelf, so what should I do with it?

Then I noticed that Hannants had a set of Eagle Strike decals on the 31st FG. I was drawn to a tiny picture on the pack cover of a Squadron Signal book showing a P-51B in olive drab - a look I prefer to the metal finish. And that was the set for me.

Suitably armed with new decals and a colour etch set from Eduard, I got started and it turned as I knew it would into a real fun build. A new cockpit, an extra patchy exterior and room to add a few extras of my own.

Just great.



No comments: