Monday 12 October 2009

Fletcher Class DD 449 Re-started

After completing a few pressing projects, I was able to steal a couple of hours to spend on my 1/144 scale destroyer. This is a project I began many months ago when I had a gap in my diary. You know how it is - you come home with your current favourite kit, go through the box, caress the parts lovingly, and after ten minutes you close the lid and put it on the shelf for when you have a few minutes together. Excellent room insulation when you do it a lot...
I was determined this was a fate that wouldn't befall this kit. It's been coming along so nicely.

Anyway, six months later I'm getting back to the varnishing, weathering and minor painting. The small parts such as railings and AA guns will be next.


Soon, other work will arrive and once again, this project will go to the back of the queue, so I'm making the most of the time. Will I be eating my meals in my workroom? Of course not. But it's worth thinking about.

No comments: