Wednesday 5 October 2011

There's always more


When it comes to our hobby (and the source of my income) I am always grateful that we live in a time of plenty. The choice for the modeller is endless. So why do I have a forty year old kit sitting on my bench? This is my fourth P-61 kit in as many years. Of all the new toolings that are currently available, why am I still dealing with such ancient plastic? Perhaps it's just a case of bad timing. Flicking through the latest Scale Modeller magazine, I see Great Wall Hobby are just about to release a brand new P-61 in 1/48 scale. But I'm too far into this old Monogram kit now to suggest a change, and besides, it is now wired for light and sound, so no turning back, or even away. More of this build later...



For now, here is the Italeri/Kinetic EA-6B Prowler. Very expensive, but I've been waiting for this subject in a new tool for so long I felt I owed it to myself. Not quite forty years, of course.



And so far it's been a lovely project. All together now - more later....


No comments: