Tuesday 15 February 2011

Paint it Black

The thing with the Monogram P-61 is that it's been around so long that it's become almost as big a classic as the one-to-one version. It's an excellent model that goes together really well, and has bags of detail.


What's not so good about it are the raised panel lines and the roughness around the edges, which mean a lot more work for the modeller.



During the build I incorporated the Eduard detail set. I had to be quite choosy here. Not everything Eduard gives you is an improvement on the kit offerings. You could end up throwing the baby out with the bath water. I believe I've made the right choices here and the model looks the better for it.


At this stage, I am halfway towards completing the model. More on this interesting project soon.

Coming up:

The Lockheed F-5 (P-38) from Italeri/Minicraft
The Henschel 129 from Hasegawa
Revell's new Arado 196A in 1/32 scale.

Something to look forward to.

No comments: