Wednesday 2 July 2008

The Shape of Things to Come

Suddenly I seem to have work on every inch of my work bench, and I thought I'd share it with anyone who might be interested.
  • I've just put the finishing touches to a Revell/Hasegawa Junkers Ju87. This will be leaving here shortly and going to a very good home.
  • I'm on with an Eduard Focke Wulf 190 A8. It's a very complex build for such a small model, even though it's 1/48 scale. Another ten days, on and off, should see it finished,
  • The Tamiya Heinkel He 162, or 'Salamander'. A nice little kit, bags of detail and beautifully engineered. A fortnight will see it offered up for sale.
  • A Revell Dassault Rafale B two seater - my birthday present. Sounds like pretty standard stuff but great detail. I'm taking my time, just tinkering it together. Maybe another month or so on this one.
  • The biggest project - the Focke Wulf FW 200 'Condor'. This is a kit I've wanted to build since long before it hit the shelves. Trumpeter have made a beautiful job of it and now I'm making good on that. It's getting the works - not just the Eduard interior and exterior sets, but lights and sound in a full diorama setting.
Photographs will follow of builds mentioned here. Expect to see the new Ki45 Toryu 'Kai' making an appearance on the bench soon!

No comments: