Monday 9 June 2008

A-20 G 'Havoc'


My latest build for my own amusement has been the Douglas A-20G 'Havoc'. It has long been one of my favourites, so how pleased was I to find out that AMT were releasing it. That was about fifteen years ago. I've built eight of them since then! It was a pleasure to work on, but it did have its faults. A terrible bomb bay, a rear turret from what seems like another kit. And the wheel bay, well, that's a lot of room! It does have engraved panel lines, a nice cockpit, great engines and well fitting parts, mostly. So here are some photos of the more interesting parts of the build. I added a lot of extras, and for that reason feel very involved with the result. I think it's a stunning aircraft.

4 comments:

tim thompson said...

phil, i am curently building a 1/9 b-17 rc. could you show the bulkeads in the nose compartment

Gridley said...

What's the thing behind the pilot's seat? Looks kindof like a giant parachute...?

Philip Goodier said...

The crew kept a dinghy behind the seat in case of emergencies. If they needed to ditch, it was ready to hand.

Unknown said...

can you post more pictures from WIP?
are they on some forum?
witch color is used for fadeing effect?