Sunday 17 April 2011

Just taking a break


Look what I found under my workbench - it's been there since last year, and now seemed like a good time to make a start. Sometimes a straightforward build is as good as a holiday.

Eduard's F6F-5 Hellcat looked really good in the box, but after building their FW190 I was not so sure how it would go. As it turned out, I need not have worried. The parts went together very well. Engine detail was good, so I added some ignition wiring. The cockpit looked pretty good too, so I decided to add Eduard's own colour etch detail set, and I think this gave the model a nice lift. The landing gear is appropriately complex, as Eduard strives to achieve accuracy.



I had to be careful when attaching the wings; since the F6F has gull wings, they need to attach at the right angle. Unfortunately, wing- to- fuselage fit is not very positive.

These gripes aside, though, it is a lovely build.


As a point of interest, the base is actually injection moulded plastic, by Eduard. Guess where I found it? Under the bench...

No comments: