Saturday 13 March 2010

Outflanked!

A few postings ago - well quite a few, actually - I was going on about certain loft insulation in the form of kits. One of mine took the form of the Academy Su 27 in 1/48 scale. I think I mentioned that it was a shame to build it with some of the inferior parts that came with it - it deserved better.


Just to show you my desire to build this kit wasn't just an idle jest, here are some photos of parts I recently acquired. Namely, a set of Aires afterburner cans, an Eduard Colour Etch detail set and two sets of decals; 'Flankers on patrol' and a full stencil set.

So keen was I to make a start that I gave my to-do list a makeover and began it that very night. I was quite justified to wait for the extra parts; a quick look at the kit parts compared to the photo-etched parts show the enormous gulf between the two. To illustrate, here's a photo showing both the Academy and Eduard cockpit instructions. Need I say more?

I will have more on this project soon. Is it going well? Oh yes!

No comments: