Saturday 5 December 2009

Turning Japanese


There are certain elements of my job that are determined by a metaphorical throw of the dice. I have just landed two Tamiya kits, both Japanese subjects, within a couple of days of each other.

The first is a Kawanishi N1K1 'George' and the other is the Aichi M6A1 Seiran Seaplane. Both are excellent kits and will build up into real head turners.

Japanese wartime aircraft have always been a big hit with me. The more of them I build, the more enthusiastic I become. To get to build two at once is an ususual pleasure and luck indeed. There will be more on here about these builds soon. For the moment, here are a few photos of their early stages. As you can see, the Seiran has its own trolley - almost a model in itself.

I will be delighted if anyone has a favourite that they'd like to discuss. If you are a big Jap fan like me, what pushes your buttons?



No comments: