Wednesday 29 July 2009

Big Beautiful Doll

This project showed promise right from the start. With all its difficulties and problems, I feel the end result is worthwhile and I hope you agree.

I had often considered building 'Big Beautiful Doll', but it sometimes felt as though everyone was getting there before me! I really enjoyed the build, and felt it had a lot of distinct character.

Adding the finishing touches was a particular pleasure - the last panels, the doors and lights, a little extra stencilling. It was a very rewarding project, and I hope its new owner will feel the same way.

7 comments:

Goose said...

Is this the Tamiya 1/48 kit or the Hasegawa 1/32 ? Also looks like you missed a decal marking number '67' under the WZ marking. Awsome lit though

Philip Goodier said...

Hi Goose. It's the Tamiya kit. I'd be interested to know what your references are? Tamiya's excellent decals don't include a '67, and it's not on any of my photographic references. It is a lovely kit, isn't it?

Goose said...

i meant to say it was the decal number in the circle. Have a look ar the large photo and you will see it. I have both the TAM 1/48 and HAS 1/32 kit for BBD, just curious as to which kit this was.

Philip Goodier said...

Sorry Goose, do you mean Decal 67 on the Tamiya sheet? That's for Chuck Yeager's B6. Which large photo are you referring to? Bit of a mystery at the minute.

Goose said...

On your post, the large photo showing the right wing and gun bay, under the 'Z' on the fuselage there is a '67' in a circle from the decal sheet. Cheers

Philip Goodier said...

I'm with you now. THAT'S where it went. I suppose I'm allowed an error now and then in forty years!

Goose said...

It still looks great. when i look at my kits and then look at your blog, i shake my head and wonder why i bother. Always good to have something to aspire to. Need an apprentice ? lol